Atrial fibrillation set to affect more than 14 million over-65s in the EU by 2060
- AF currently affects more than 6 million Europeans and is expected to increase as the population ages1
- People with AF have 5 times the risk of stroke than those with a normal heart rhythm2
- 50% of AF-related strokes occur under age 753
Stroke is the leading cause of long term disability7 and the third leading cause of death7 in AF patients.
1. Di Carlo A, Bellino L, Consoli D, et al. Prevalence of atrial fibrillation in the Italian elderly population and projections from 2020 to 2060 for Italy and the European Union: the FAI Project. Europace. 2019. doi:10.1093/europace/euz141.
2. 2016 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:2893–2962. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehw210.
3. Learn to recognise signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation: https://www.afibmatters.org/en_GB/Signs-and-symptoms.
4. Blackshear JL, Odell JA, Annals of Thoracic Surgery 1996;61:755-759.
The law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings, and instructions for use can be found in the product labelling supplied with each device.
Products shown for INFORMATION purposes only and may not be approved or for sale in certain countries.
This material not intended for use in France.